18 December 2007

Surprise blog

Well a nice guy at Kabwe Ministry of Health has let me use his computer so I will now blog. Yesterday I got to Lusaka and was planning on going straight to Mpelembe today, but I changed my mind to check on the progress of my application here in Kabwe.

I went to Lusaka to check on the status of my Visitor's permit. Good news is that I got it finally, bad news is it expires in about one month. They decided the expiration based on when I submitted my application at immigration, so my first 3 months are almost up. The next 3 months will cost me 1 million Kwacha or about 280 dollars. Cabipa sana. So I decided to come to Kabwe hoping to jab the MOH into further action with the desire to get a free work permit through them before I have to renew my Visitor's permit.

I got a ride to Lusaka from our farmer friend Peter. We left at 2 am and arrived at 8 or so. Oops the guy has come so I gotta go.

All is well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Doug And Carrie!

Love Dad & Debbie

It's grey and cold here, but doesn't feel like Christmas. No snow... BIG surprise. Dogs in Xmas collars and Traveler is taking off all the ornaments from the tree that he can reach. The bottom third is nearly bare. Only a matter of time before he brings the whole thing crashing down.
I have some things to mail off soon, some from Nonna. Spots is thriving, very spunky.

Anonymous said...

Hi Doug,
Check your email for a message concerning your student loan situation.

Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Doug and Carrie,
We had a quiet Xmas here, no snow but clear, cold and crisp days so far.
Ali and LIndsay came down the 23rd and left yesterday; nice having them.
Will write a longer letter soon.
May have some information about how to procure computers if any of Carrie's students might want or need them. I think there is a web site which will give more details. Will try to locate it.
In the meantime, take good care of yourselves and stay healthy!
Keep us posted on visa deal, Hope it works out.
Much love,
Nonna